About North West Pathology
North West Pathology is a member of the Sonic Healthcare group and has been providing quality pathology services to the Tasmanian community for over 50 years.
Hobart, Launceston and North West Pathology are accredited under the scheme of the National Association of Testing Authorities Australia (NATA) and the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA)
The laboratory is situated at 21 Brickport Road, Cooee, and services general practitioners, specialists, private hospitals and nursing homes in the north western region of Tasmania.
At North West Pathology, we focus on offering a professional and comprehensive pathology service to our community: providing accurate results with fast and reliable turnaround times.
North West Pathology is one of three semi autonomous laboratory divisions operated in Tasmania by Diagnostic Services Pty Ltd. The other laboratories are Hobart Pathology and Launceston Pathology.
The services of the three laboratories are integrated under one management structure and to ensure efficiency and effectiveness, the laboratories are mutually supportive for both staffing and specialised testing. Each division, however, independently offers a comprehensive range of tests and services. The three laboratories maintain a seven-day a week, 24-hour service with trained and experienced pathologists and medical scientists available for out of hours emergency testing.
Proudly servicing North West Tasmania
North West Pathology has been providing pathology services in North Western Tasmania for over 50 years.
Our state of the art equipment, protocols and systems are all endorsed by NATA (National Association of Testing Authorities) at their highest level of accreditation.
We employ approximately 100 people who are all committed to a service ethic whereby:
- We aim to maintain the highest standards of professional and technical excellence.
- We provide personalised pathology services for referring doctors.
- We adhere to a stringent code of ethical medical practice.
Our pathologists and staff encourage doctors to contact them for information and advice at any time. We are always available to support doctors in their clinical practice.
As a member of the Sonic Healthcare group we are able to avail ourselves of a wide range of medical and technical resources in pursuit of the high service standards.
Our Services and Resources
Our services are designed to be easily accessible to our referring doctors.
- We have specialist pathologists in all of the major sub-disciplines of pathology.
- Our comprehensive range of routine and emergency pathology tests are tailored to the needs of clinical practice.
- We offer a rapid turnaround of results.
- We endeavour to assist our patients by operating over 13 Medicare approved pathology collection centres in North Western Tasmania.
- Our service is supported by an extensive courier network; providing frequent and timely services to our doctors.
- We are committed to technological excellence in all areas, and to that end utilise a sophisticated and specialised IT system; incorporating electronic report downloading, electronic referrals and online viewing of results